How to Renew Your Insurance License In Washington DC

Washington DC

How To Renew Your Insurance License In Washington DC

Individual producer licenses in Washington DC are renewed every other year. Your license will expire on the last day of your birth month. 

To renew your license, you must complete all continuing education (CE) requirements listed below prior to starting the renewal process.

The fee for license renewal is $100.

After completing all of CE, you may renew your license at the NIPR Washington DC Renewal page.

The District of Columbia requires that resident individual licensees complete twenty-four (24) credit hours of continuing education every one year renewal period. Of those hours, three (3) of those hours must be in the subject of ethics.

If you have a producer license in more than one line of authority (ex. Property & Casualty and Life & Health), you do not need to complete double the hours.

You may take your continuing education courses either in person in a classroom setting or online as a self-paced course. The online courses usually require reading of the subject at hand, then a test at the end.

Upon completion of these courses, the company who you took the course should send the certificate of completion directly to the district. You should, however, print a copy of this certificate to keep in your records just in case there is a dispute later.

StateRequirement recommends Kaplan Education Company for all insurance CE courses.

For more on Washington DC continuing education, visit Washington DC's page on CE.

Mailing Address:

Washington DC Department of Insurance
1050 First Street, NE, 801
Washington, DC 20002
Phone: 202-727-8000
Email: [email protected]

Information on this page has been gathered by a multitude of sources, and was most recently updated in December 2017.

Any Information on this site is not guaranteed or warranted to be correct, accurate, or up to date. Huge Hammer LLC and its members and affiliates are not responsible for any losses, monetary or otherwise. For more information, please contact your state's authority on insurance.

Disclosure: StateRequirement has an affiliation with Kaplan Education company, and may receive compensation based on user activity on this site. We truly believe that Kaplan offers excellent products and services, and compliments the mission of StateRequirement.