How To Become An Insurance Agent In Nevada


How To Renew Your Insurance License In Nevada

Individual producer licenses in Nevada expire triennially (every three years) on the first day of the month immediately following the month that you received your license..

To renew your license, you must complete all continuing education (CE) requirements listed below prior to starting the renewal process.

The fee for license renewal is $185.

After completing all of CE, you may renew your license using the Sircon Nevada page.

The state of Nevada requires that resident individual licensees complete thirty (30) credit hours of continuing education every three year renewal period. Of those hours, three (3) of those hours must be in the subject of ethics.

If you have a producer license in more than one line of authority (ex. Property & Casualty and Life & Health), you do not need to complete double the hours.

You may take your continuing education courses either in person in a classroom setting or online as a self-paced course. The online courses usually require reading of the subject at hand, then a test at the end.

Upon completion of these courses, the company who you took the course should send the certificate of completion directly to the state. You should, however, print a copy of this certificate to keep in your records just in case there is a dispute later.

StateRequirement recommends Kaplan Education Company for all insurance CE courses.

For more on Nevada continuing education, visit the state's page on CE.

For a list of approved Nevada CE course providers, visit the Sircon Nevada Education Search Tool.

Mailing Address:

Nevada Division of Insurance
1818 E. College Pkwy., Suite 103
Carson City, NV 89706
Phone: 775-687-0700
Fax: 775-687-0797

Information on this page has been gathered by a multitude of sources, and was most recently updated in August 2017.

Any Information on this site is not guaranteed or warranted to be correct, accurate, or up to date. Huge Hammer LLC and its members and affiliates are not responsible for any losses, monetary or otherwise. For more information, please contact your state's authority on insurance.

Disclosure: StateRequirement has an affiliation with Kaplan Education company, and may receive compensation based on user activity on this site. We truly believe that Kaplan offers excellent products and services, and compliments the mission of StateRequirement.