As a prospective insurance adjuster, you may need to take education courses in order to start or advance your career in the insurance industry. Upon completing these courses, you will have a solid foundation of the skills and knowledge required to enter the insurance industry as an adjuster.
One of our reviewed licensing courses for adjusters is Kaplan, which has been in the business of providing instruction and training to students for 85 years.
Taking a Kaplan adjuster course, whether it’s pre-licensing, exam prep or continuing education (CE), can provide you with the adjuster education and training that you will need in order to succeed.
Overall Conclusion on Kaplan Adjuster Course
Kaplan is an established education and training provider for insurance professionals. They offer various adjuster licensing courses designed to help you develop the knowledge and skills needed to become a successful adjuster.
The Kaplan adjuster course is designed to be flexible and convenient — since it is offered entirely online — which allows you to learn at your own pace. The course features interactive elements, such as videos, quizzes, and simulations which can improve your learning experience.
In addition to the courses, Kaplan offers exam prep for various state licensing exams, such as the Texas All-Lines Adjuster Exam and the Florida Certified All-Lines Adjuster (CALA) Designation exam. These courses provide comprehensive coverage of the exam content and include practice questions to help you prepare for the actual exam.
The course is also taught by experienced instructors who are experts in the insurance industry and can offer valuable insights and practical advice which can go a long way in helping you succeed as an insurance adjuster.
Kaplan Insurance Pre-License Course
We recommend Kaplan, which offers courses to help you improve your test-taking skills and pass your adjuster licensing exams. If you’re looking for exam prep, Kaplan has a 93% pass rate, which demonstrates that the courses adequately prepare students for the state exams.
Pros of Kaplan Adjuster Course
Some potential benefits of the Kaplan adjuster course include:
- Comprehensive courses: Kaplan’s adjuster courses cover many topics, including insurance principles and practices, claims handling, and ethics. This provides students with a broad foundation of knowledge that can be applied in a variety of adjuster roles.
- Online and Interactive Learning: The course is offered entirely online, making it convenient for individuals who cannot attend in-person classes. This allows students to complete the course at their own pace and on their own schedule.
- Industry-Recognized: Kaplan is a well-known and respected name in the insurance industry, and the course is accredited by the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC). Completion of the course can help you meet the licensing requirements to become an adjuster in many states.
- Career Support: Kaplan offers career support services to help students find employment opportunities in the insurance industry after completing the course. This can include resume building, interview coaching, and more.
Cons of Kaplan Adjuster Course
While there are many potential benefits to the Kaplan adjuster course, there are also a few potential drawbacks that should be considered. These include:
- High cost: The Kaplan adjuster course can be expensive, and may not be best for people on a tight budget.
- Limited hands-on training: The course includes interactive exercises and simulations, but it may not offer as much hands-on experience as some people would like.
- Forced progression: Students are required to finish all aspects of a module before being able to move onto the next one. This may be a disadvantage to some who prefer to monitor their own progress as they study.
Summary of Kaplan Adjuster Course
The Kaplan adjuster course can provide individuals with a solid foundation of knowledge and practical skills needed to start a successful career as an insurance adjuster.
While the Kaplan adjuster course can be a valuable resource for those looking to become insurance adjusters, it may not be the best fit for those on a tight budget considering its pricey package options.
Kaplan Adjuster Course Features
Kaplan offers various adjuster courses that vary in pricing and features depending on the state and type of course. Generally, Kaplan’s adjuster courses start at $189.
Here are some of the features that you can expect from Kaplan’s adjuster courses:
- Extensive course material: Kaplan’s courses are designed to cover all the necessary material you need to know to become a licensed adjuster. This includes topics like property and casualty insurance, liability insurance, claims adjusting, and more.
- State-specific courses: Kaplan offers adjuster courses that are specific to each state’s licensing requirements, so you can be sure you’re getting the right training for your state.
- Online delivery: Their courses are all delivered online, so you can complete them at your own pace and from the comfort of your own home.
- Exam prep materials: Kaplan provides students with exam prep materials like practice exams, study guides, and flashcards to help you prepare for the state’s licensing exam.
- Performance trackers: In every study package, they include reporting tools to keep track of your exam prep progress.
- Instructor support: The courses also include access to instructors who can answer any questions you may have and provide additional guidance and support.
- Continuing education: They also offer CE courses for licensed adjusters who need to maintain their licenses and stay up-to-date on industry changes.
Kaplan Adjuster Course Pricing and Packages
Kaplan offers a wide range of courses, ranging from pre-licensing and exam prep to CE, which can go a long way in helping insurance adjusters stay up-to-date.
Online Course Self-Study Packages
The Online Course Self-Study Package uses the Prepare ● Practice ● Perform learning approach for those who prefer to learn at their own pace or who have busy schedules that make it difficult to attend in-person traditional classes.
This package includes Kaplan’s exam prep program for insurance adjuster licensing, which equips you with the essential tools necessary to ace your state exam on the first attempt. The cost starts at $189.
Kaplan offers online course self-study packages in the following states:
- South Carolina
Certified All-Lines Adjuster (CALA) Online Courses
If you reside in a state that does not offer adjuster licensing, you may obtain the Designated Home State adjuster license. This license allows you to designate a non-resident state as your home state for licensing purposes.
Kaplan recommends earning the Florida Non-Resident Designated Home State Adjuster license, which is highly regarded in the industry. This license permits them to handle insurance claims in Florida as well as any state that recognizes the Florida 70-20 adjuster license.
Kaplan offers a DHS course in the following states:
- New Jersey
- North Dakota
- South Dakota
- Washington D.C.
By completing Kaplan’s 40-hour Certified All-Lines Adjuster (CALA) designation course, prospective licensees can acquire the Florida Non-Resident Designated Home State Adjuster license without having to take the Florida state licensing exam. The cost starts at $349.
Pre-licensing and Exam Prep Packages
Kaplan offers these package options which you can choose from: Basic Self-Study Package and Essential Self-Study Package.
The Basic Self-Study Package serves as an excellent starting point if you are frequently on the move and want to take advantage of the flexibility and mobility offered by online study. The cost starts at $139.
The Essential Self-Study Package comes with a study calendar that you can personalize based on your preferred study duration and exam date. It also includes a self-paced online exam prep course to get you started. The cost starts at $189.
Kaplan offers these package options in these states:
- New Mexico
- New York
- North Carolina
- Rhode Island
Both of the packages include the InsurancePro QBank, which features quizzes that can be used to hone your exam-taking abilities and address any knowledge gaps.
Adjuster CE Packages
Kaplan provides adjuster CE for license renewals. The specific courses available may vary depending on your state’s requirements and the type of adjuster license you hold.
Adjusters need to renew their licenses periodically, typically every one to two years. Many states require them to complete a certain number of CE hours in order to do so. The cost for Kaplan’s adjuster CE may vary by state.
For insurance adjuster continuing education courses, StateRequirement recommends:
Kaplan Adjuster Course Customer Reviews
While it is known that Kaplan is a reputable provider of educational courses, find out how it fares among users who have tried and tested their courses.
Users on TrustPilot have rated Kaplan with 4.6/5 stars from 4,976 user reviews. Most users indicate that Kaplan provides clear and comprehensive course materials as well as excellent instructors/tutors. They also love the live and recorded lectures, which allow them to study at their own pace.
Indeed’s user ratings have ranked Kaplan with 4.5/5 stars based on 718 reviews. Most users on Indeed love the live video class recordings, instructor support, online modules and practice exams.
Kaplan Adjuster Course Alternatives
Our recommended alternative to Kaplan isAdjusterPro. AdjusterPro provides online courses that are specifically geared to help those who want to become a licensed insurance adjuster.
AdjusterPro’s courses are also delivered entirely online, allowing you to have the flexibility to complete it at your own pace and schedule.
Read our AdjusterPro Course Review for more details on this course.
Kaplan Adjuster Course FAQ
What kind of adjuster courses does Kaplan offer?
Kaplan offers a variety of adjuster courses designed to prepare those working towards a career in the insurance adjuster field, from pre-licensing courses and exam prep courses, to continuing education courses.
How much do Kaplan’s adjuster courses cost?
The cost of Kaplan’s adjuster courses varies depending on the state and type of course, but generally starts at $189.
Are Kaplan’s adjuster courses available online?
Yes. All of Kaplan’s adjuster courses are delivered online.
Are Kaplan’s adjuster courses state-specific?
How long does it take to complete Kaplan’s adjuster courses?
The length of time it takes to complete Kaplan’s adjuster courses varies depending on the course and your schedule. Some courses can be completed in a few days, while others may take several weeks.
Does Kaplan offer discounts for their courses?
Kaplan offers payment plans and discounts for military members and veterans.